.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Sunday, February 13, 2011

To you, for the mysteries that changed my life

Random Challenge Day#1: What was your best trip in 2010?

In 2010 I traveled to Mackinac Island and Hilo Hawai'i. Both were 'moves' but neither of them held what I imagined they would, and i stayed in neither the amount of time I had planned. 

 
Now, the 'best' is a silly word in my travel circumstances because both held woes of terrible magnitude and lessons of unimaginable consequence and surrender. And both as well, held wonders, and miracles. 
I choose Mackinac Island Michigan. 
And I will tell you why. 

Mackinac is Enchanting. I use that word allot, i know. But I believe 99% of Gods majesties deserve the word. And Mackinac is most definitly an Enchanting Majesty of God's many wonders. 

 I lived in Mackinac Island for approximately 5 days. I arrived on May 5th 2010 and left on May 10th 2010. 
When the decision to leave was made, I decided to make the best of it. I took my camera out, and walked circles around the island. I took as many pictures as I could. I left my small room when it was raining, when it snowed, when the cold just about gave me frostbite, and when everyone else was inside their warm homes wondering what the crazy Utah girl was doing outdoors giving herself Pneumonia. 
 
And when the 5 days of seclusion got the best of me- I resorted to taking pictures of myself, with myself.


Don't mind the pointy nose- Freakin family genetics!


 I was supposed to be working at Mary's Bistro, on contract until November 2010. 
 On this topic, I have one sentence. When God whispers to you; listen. 

I knew I should have heeded the whispers of the spirit before i even woke up that morning, before I drove to Vegas, While i sat in the airport 7 hours early, waiting for my flight. I knew I shouldn't have gone when i arrived in Pellston. I knew when I boarded the Ferry.
I knew I was in the wrong place when I fell to my knees in a torrid of tears,  asking God how to get out of this mess. 
And God knew, long before I did. 





  
I'll forever be indebted and Grateful to my mother for listening to the spirit and being my saving grace, buying me a ticket and flying me somewhere that taught me more about life, love, myself, family, friendships and strangers, through being homeless, hungry, penniless, jobless, faithless and no one willing to believe in us or our reason. 


I have no Idea why Mackinac Island wasn't for me. I don't have a clue or a reason why God was telling me to leave. But in choosing Mackinac, Hilo chose me, and that I never would have chose on my own. 
So cheers to Mackinac, the blessing my life needed. 
I'll love you for those 5 days of teaching for eternity. 
And for the paradigm shift between meeting Cory, and Nic. 

I also got a good journal entry out of this trip, probably the most honest journal entry I had written in months. :p
Here it is, for kicks and giggles. P.s. I'm sorry if the ending changes opinions of me. lol. 

-Ciao, Truth, Elska.

Monday- May 10, 2010
' I'm in the book store, watching a film on the Ice Bridge in Makinac and he interrupts my thoughts with "what are you watching?" I'm obliged to speak, so i do. Keeping it light and casual, no banter or flirting evident. 
He asks if I'd like to go for a walk. I don't. But i go anyway- if only to see 'mission point'.
He tries his best to flatter me with his good boy charm in phrases like "I go to Church" and "I don't party or drink much." It doesn't work on me. I'm on lock down, but he can't tell. 
Thinking my smiles, at a bare minimum, only in answer to his spoken sentences, are made just for him. 
His smile resembles Eddie Roundy's and my remembering heart wants to seek revenge on this innocent. 
But than he speaks, slow and soft, as if trying to seduce me. 
"Want to go back to your place?"
"No Thank you." I reply. 
"Come on. Just for a little bit!" He insists, nudging my arm. 
I suddenly wish to invoke injury to this pig and his Eddie smile. 
"No." I say again. 
"you'll make my day if you do."
I laugh despite myself and stop in front of Starbucks.
"No. I think I'm going to leave you here so I can get some lunch."
"Starbucks?" He says incredulously. A look of disbelief and disappointment flashing across his stoic face. 
"It was nice to meet you Cory." i say as I bring my hand forth for a quick shake and pull away before he lingers.
And the day ends. My humor lifted as I make inner cruel jokes at his shattered confidence, he thought so proudly had 'captured' me. 
Men. Nay- Boys. 
I'm through with all you little pigs; your manhood yet to appear as that stick in your pants yearns for one of us females to fawn over your reverie. 
Screw yourselves."

----


 

5 comments:

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

Ahhhh. My most favorite journal entry you've ever written. So. Freakin. Funny!! But I never thought you'd post it publicly. Lol.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone has entries like that in one sort or another. And i can't blame a girl for having one like that. There is a reason the generalizations about men only wanting one thing and always thinking with the small brain instead of the large one exist. I can only imagine how annoying it must be to be a good looking girl with morals in a world of men without them. For some reason when people know of a young woman traveling abroad they can't help but think that they will be an easy mark. http://www.theonion.com/articles/european-men-are-so-much-more-romantic-than-americ,11552/ is a great example of a satirical approach to the issue.

Elska♥ said...

Thanks for the good laugh Anonymous. :)
I love both aspects their- naive woman, and pig of a man. Two examples of pure stereotype.

I have moments of stereotypical opinion. But I definitely do not base my thoughts and intentions on those days. Thank goodness, or else bitterness would take me over! :p

Happy V-day. :)

And Merg- Of course I would post it. What part of my life is secret anymore? haha. Love you sis.

Anonymous said...

Shaina. would you like to be my favorite person in ever and travel the world with me? id like life to change on my end as well.

Elska♥ said...

Jonj really?? I would totally travel the world with you and be your favorite person! You're already mine! :D