.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Friday, February 11, 2011

To the man who will steal my sister from me.

Letter Challenge; Day # 1: Your Best Friend


Dear, Meagan, 
Hey sister. Hey friend. 
To be honest, this is a terrible moment to write this letter. I've written a page worth, twice; and than deleted it. 
Should I write memories? Should I write about why your my best friend? Should I send you words of wisdom?
I've not a clue. But today... #1, is write your best friend day. And so, write you, I must. 
There are no rules, there are no guidelines. 
There are hand written letters I've sent you in the past full of 'sap', mush and gush, seriousness and silliness, and even literal Oregon Rain. And writing each one of these, is also, nothing I feel like doing. 
But once again... today is write your best Friend Challenge; and so, write you, i must. 
Or.....
Attempt two. 
Dear Meagan's future husband. 
I am 99% sure we have not been introduced as of this date in time. Let me start by doing just that; introducing myself. Hello Mr you. My name is Shaina Mysliwiec. I'm five years older than your future wife. I like the color blue, I'm unashamedly obsessed with Gushers, and I'm 100% certain that you and I are best friends. Or rather- will be. So today, I write you. 
I've taken it upon myself to compile a list of Do's and dont's for what I hope will become a benifit to living with and loving my other best friend, your wife, and my sister, Meagan. 
Please indulge me as I use the majority of this text space to display the beginning 20 of such list. 


Reminder #1: Wash her feet before she sleeps. Meagan and I have shared sleeping arrangements for nearly the past  6 or so years, and if there is one thing I've learned it's that Meagan is a Germ-a-phobe(sp?). She'll never admit to this, and it is mostly towards sticky residue collecting on her hands or dirt between her toes; but she will find time between meals, movies, converstions etc. to abruptly rush away to the bathtub to scrub her feet. 
Reminder #2: Notice the dimple above her lip, or you don't truly love her. I apologize in advance for this one. But I believe you deserve the warning, as you may have to fake this one. Meagan believes there is a dimple above her lip and the man she knows will notice it. It just so happens to be invisible to everyone else; Don't agree with me.

Reminder #3: Don't leave your socks under the covers @ the end of the bed. She hates that. You see, I go to sleep with two socks on, but kick off one during the night. One, because than the temperature stays 'just right'. But Meagan- She hates making the bed and finding my 'dirty' sock under the covers- or going to sleep the next night and kicking it around her side of the bed. Best you just sleep with bare feet.
Reminder #4: Write down her witty comments and save them. If your unsure if there witty, ask. That'll be alright.  Because we have to read her personal quotes at her funeral. Her legend must live on. Extra tip- Make Meagan her very own Wikipedia page and she'll dance in your arms every night.

Reminder #5: Her Funeral. It must be a kings service. Lay her on a bed of roses in a small boat where after she's sent off into the ocean, flaming arrows will soar from archers on the hill tops, into the boat where her still form waits for it's surrender. And nobody should cry. It will be a party where laughter must abound.

Reminder #6:  Supply her with a never ending Bobby Pin supply. period. 

Reminder #7. Carry a comb in your pocket. She'll need it. Especially on days you've forgot. 
Reminder #8:  Let her have ice-cream when she wants it. Telling her no will bring out the wicked witch of the west.
Reminder #9: You've just married the most loyal woman this earth has ever produced. You will never need another on your side. Be the same to her. 
Reminder #10: When she says she wants to cut her hair. She really doesn't. When she says she wants to dye her hair, she really does; let her... but she'll want it blonde again one week later. Make sure your ready to take her back to the salon. 

Reminder #11: Don't believe her when she says she finally has a favorite color. She likes them all. She always will. 
Reminder #12: Meagan is always honest. and she will share that honesty with you. Give her the chance to.
Reminder #13: Do make Spaghetti at least once a week. 
Reminder #14: If she wears t-shirts consecutively, something is making her unhappy, and it's most likely her wardrobe. or lack of.

Reminder #15: When she's in a bad mood, sing to her in silly voices. You may get punched and she'll say "stop, its annoying" But you'll always get a smile. And a giggle if your lucky.

Reminder #16: When she can't sleep, serenade her until she does. 
Reminder #17: When she cries, that face will always break your heart. 
Reminder #18: Some of her favorite things are, Maps, feeling included, Energy drinks ( secretly ), Hilo Hawai'i, one minute Laughter, Drawing, Time with her dad, and the way Mr. Knightly sits between us at night. :p ( Mr. Knightly is what Meagan would call my obnoxious Stuffed Bear )

Reminder #19: NEVER ask her to Bike ride with you.

Reminder #20: Be honest about her art. But Always tell her you love it. ;)

Mr., One day you will have married the one friend who has stuck by me through every beautiful moment in our lives and rode the roller coasters, in the seat right next to me, through the ugly parts. 
She is more Beautiful than she will ever admit to you, or herself. She has more potential than she may ever imagine. I hope you will let her soar in any and every endeavor she decides to grab by the horns. I hope you will push her when she says she can't and than praise her to all ends when she does. 
Remind her she's not alone. Discuss God. Have Tea Time. Don't forget to wash her feet; and find out just how important pasta is to her. 

You'll be holding the hand of the girl who's been Cassandra and Jane in my life. The mother, the sister, the friend, the reprimand-er. She reminds me every day that God hasn't forgotten me. He knows me enough to know I needed her as a sister rather than a friend.

Thank you I guess, For not coming sooner. As selfish as that sounds... and as sappy as this will.... she's been the only reason I wake up in the mornings for the past 3 or 4 years. She's the only reason broken hearts haven't led me to greater disasters, and the only one who's believed that my own MR. will come around the bend one day. 
She's held me up when all i want to do is lay down and quit. There is no exaggeration when I say she has saved my life. Again and again.
She's the only one that see's the world as I see the world. The only one who has seen beauty when everyone else see's hideousness. She feels pain when i have, cried when I've cried. We've beat betrayal, abandonment, homelessness, hunger, loss, discouragement, loneliness, depression and so much more, side by side.
 "She is the only one to hear what is truly upon my heart. Somehow, she loves me still."
You will be married to the woman who has accomplished dreams,and sets out day in a day out to change the world through small and gigantic means.
Love her. Really love her. She's as good as they come. You WILL be the most blessed man to have her in your life. 

Your future best friend, and sister in law, 
Shaina

And hey, Meagan.
"If Cassandra's head was going to be cut off, Jane would have hers cut off too."
I love you.


Just a small bit, of us.








1 comment:

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

I love you for writing this. You're the only one who sees those little things. It's nice to be noticed sometimes. Ah, you're the best. Thank you! =)