To think of my favorite night out for the year of 2010 is like asking me to choose between socks or pillows. Believe me- that's not possible.
So I'll give you a small handful, out of a million.
One:
3 a.m.. Good friends. Empty roads and quite town. Laying on the grass in front of a Taco Bell with 2 gallons of Icecream, plastic spoons and bare feat. We laughed.
Why is that my favorite night? Two words.
I laughed.
I really laughed.
If you know anything about last year... anything about who I was last year.. that would be a feat we could all be proud of together. Something you may even high five me for.
It was the first night I remember laughing over everything, with loud, obnoxious, sincerely honest laughter.
Two:
Mauna Kea with my two best friends.
You asked me to dance. You forgave. You cried. We cried together. We laughed. You gave me hot chocolate and hugged me tight when I froze.
You showed me your soul that night.
I'll never know anyone more heroic to my head and heart, as you became to me that cold Mauna Kea evening.
Three:
You promised you didn't know if you could be someone different. Something different.
I sat on the curb next to you and promised to never judge you. I said I didn't care and that I wouldn't keep myself from caring for you because of that.
My favorite- because I meant it.
And because you've changed me.
Four:
I ran back; knocked on your door and confessed to a lie.
The sweetest moment I'll never forget.
My favorite- because something scary, hard, and completely unlike myself, brought magic.
Five:
I left everyone to find some solitude. You wouldn't let me alone.
I said my world was falling apart and you told me it still would, but you had my back.
You chased me down to promise me I had a friend.
To know you were on my side made the world a little less chaotic.
Six:
We cried on wooden picnic chairs in the backyard of Pahoa, Hilo.
My favorite: because that night evolved our friendship forever.
Seven:
You let me talk. You asked. You listened. You held me. And you missed me.
I still see you when I close my eyes.
♥Elska
6 comments:
THAT WAS US WASNT IT?! the first one with taco bell? :D that was good times right there. im glad i could be part of your favorite night out :]
It was indeed us! You, me, heather, alex, kelan ?
i still can't believe you chucked ice cream at the window and made alex bring out wet napkins. :p
Good good times indeed. :) There's too many i didn't list either. A thousand flushes is definitely another.
And the st g concert
And gardening with you in the back yard. :)
and if i write any more this will become another blog post. lol
I can't believe that he spit on the napkin and attempted to clean the window with it. That....that was just gross.
Post a Comment