.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The book that moves me

I give up- trying to catch up. 
Today is day #4. So I begin there. :p 
Sorry for the lack of motivation to write consecutively.


Random Challenge Day#4 Book



My ALL TIME FAVORITE Book is The Book Of Mormon; Another Testament of Jesus Christ. 
I'm not trying to sound like a goody goody who invests more of her time into the book than any other aspect of her life. Because I don't- and I'm probably not. 
But I will tell you this- The Book of Mormon has changed my life every day of my life; because it gave me and continues to give me, a Testimony of my own for the things I so passionately believe in. 
I've began a New Years resolution that I will read the BOM every 3 months this year. I'm a bit behind already because this time around, I have found this book to be everything I've been missing. 
I took too long saying I would read, without actually picking it up, and saying I've read it without feeling what was meant to be felt, so now I've dived into analyzing, pondering, and seeking spiritual uplift that I crave when the book isn't in my hands.
I am pleased to say that I have been more enthralled with the words of Nephi ( that's where im reading ) this time around than any other time in my life. The lives I read of are more real to me than any time before. They really did live, just I do. They felt just as I do. They made choices, just as I do. Only- more extreme. ;p
I LOVE the real life stories and intrigue.
There is love, jealousy, hate, revenge, majesties, miracles, death, murder, gossip, courage, strength, will, devotion, worship, loss, gain..... I've never endured so much in my life as did the life of Nephi and his family, and when i'm suffering within myself, I will remember that. 

So here's to the Book that was written by the hand of Mormon on plates of Brass, that were heroically translated by Joseph Smith Jr. and to the Lamanites, Nephites, Jews, Gentiles, Stripling warriors, Helamen, Ammon, Lehi, Captain Moroni, so many others, and the commandment of God. 

I love you for putting my heart where God intended it to be. 



 




No comments: