I just got asked out at the gym.
The gym.
Mind you, if you could see what I look like while I'm at the gym, there would be two of us wondering "Why?"
So tell me Mr. Jake... was it the high-water stretchy pants and the way they showed off my 'need shaved' stubble ankles, my ex-work Tredsafe shoes,the sweat dripping from my forehead while my ever long hair stuck to any exposed skin it touched, the black eyes my mascara decided to done upon me, or the way I didn't notice a human in the room with my nose stuck in a book that captivated your attention so exclusively, that you just had to approach me at such a time and ask me to dinner?
I spend most of my time at the Gym running on a treadmill, thinking up new ways to eat healthy and get fit quick schemes, while I wish I looked as good as the girl running three treadmills down from me, the one every guy in the weight lift section is staring down.
So hey, Jake... thanks for making me feel hott at the gym.
That's an oxy moron if i've ever heard one.
Fyi- I am the MOST awkwardly social person I know.
I used to defend the fact that I was home schooled and NOT awkward- but lately, I feel bad for myself.
I have officially reached the point where I can easily be titled a "home schooler" in the way the majority of the world see's us in social situations; in all their lack of social skill glory.
Jake- "Hey, what's your name?"
Shaina - *Deer in the head lights* "Uhh.. Shaina."
Jake - "Shaina. That's a pretty name."
Shaina - *nod*
Jake - "Hey, I have to leave to meet my brother right now, but I wondered if you'd want to go to dinner some time?"
Shaina - *looks from book to human boy standing in front of me*
Shaina- "Uh, yeah. Sure."
Jake - "Yeah? Cool! I've got my phone right here."
Shaina - "Its uh.. it's kind of hard to.. impossible to uh.. get a hold of me. I don't have a cell, my dads cell, I can give you.. uh.. I can give you my dads cell and you can text him maybe? And maybe he'll somehow have ways of getting the message to me."
Jake- *politely smiles* (probably confused as heck.) (gorgeous smile btw)
Shaina- *keeps eying book*
Jake - "Ok. Talk to you soon than!"
Shaina - "Talk soon. Yeah."
Ok Yoda. Where is my brain? A guy comes up to me in a place where I probably look my most worst and I don't even acknowledge the fact that he noticed me!?!
That was by far the most embarrassing short conversation I have ever had. Or i should say- didn't have.
Where were all the cute flirty words that float through my head when I dream of these moments!
Where was coy Shaina? Where were you!
I was abandoned by myself in that moment, as I feared the fact that a guy was actually speaking to me. To ME! So the cool part of me ran away and left the lifeless frump behind.
Jimmeny Crickets.
Call me the home school mascot.
Happy Valentines Day to me. You coward. :p
♥Elska
6 comments:
I'm really mortified at the thought of how much WORSE I would butcher that conversation if it were me. Sad day.
hahahah oh man Shaina you are soo cool. i love you. haha. i think if the men you embarrass yourself in front of could read the clever little re-does you come up with, they would melt and never leave you alone. you are so cool. hahaha i wish i had things like this to write about. i, am jealous. for it is the socially awkward moments that interest peoples minds. he will walk away thinking wow id like a re-do.
Jamon! You seriously Boost my ego! haha. Thank you so much! =D
Let's just hope I'm as cool as you believe i am. ;) and that I didn't ruin that potential date from calling me. :p I love your guts!
Oh and Meagan.. you are so much better in conversational text than I am! It was terrible! You should have been there to back me up when I had nothing to say. :p
haha ill hope for you. but if he doesnt see the side of that conversation i do, and call you back. hes not worth dating XD hahaha you need a giggly dude.
Agreed. Giggly dude. Where art thou?
:p
Post a Comment