Dear Dreams,
Have I forgotten you; Or have you forgotten me?
Have I displaced your allowances, setting hope on a shelf I can't even reach?
I'm tired of chasing you; my feet worn from the repetitive tred I've carved in my frenzied attempt to catch you before I allow myself to hit the ground.
Let me reveal a secret to you.
I do not know you.
You stay just out of reach. My fingers only grazing your beauty long enough to feel the magic I could swim, deep and thick within, if you were to come closer... if you were to reach out to me.
But Dreams; I've lost my hope.
I left hope behind on a cloudy day last May, where everything I dreamed, everything I loved, eluded me, nay; confined me from all I deserved, from the room I sat waiting, praying, begging, for them to open a door, a window, to call my name, write a letter, sing a song, or just answer a simple call.
You see, I chose him and asked him to choose me. He didn't.
And with that day- I let go of dreaming. I let go of hope.
On this Thursday Evening, I can't decide if dreaming was everything that made my life complete and wonderful.. or if not dreaming makes things simple in a way I'd rather accept.
But heres to you, for the beauty and the pain, you and your companion of hope have graced my life with.
My heart holds a special place for you both, but my hands can't take the weight right now.
Until next time I suppose..
Happy Dreamer catching.
♥Elska
2 comments:
you are so inspiring. I cant believe the things you think, the things you put in words.
if i had half the writing potential you had, we'd be living in Washington next to obama with a double barreled shotgun.
you inspire me shaina. you really do.
no one else' words can get to me like yours do. you leave me in such a state of aw i want to go and write my own dream note.
you make me think.
Well i'm baffled. Because your words are ever so inspiring to me! I suppose we are on the same page. :) Because I too love YOUR writing brother dear.
Thank you for your awesome compliments. No one boosts my confidence as you.
Post a Comment