.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To the little brother who picked up my broken peices

Letter Challenge Day#4 Your sibling

 Dear Jamon

Hey Jonj. :)
Today is write your sibling day; and I chose you, because I've been meaning to say Thank you for a long time. 
I shouldn't have put it off for so long. 

You know that one time when I moved away to Hawai'i and when I became too homeless and poor to stay any longer I moved home and lived on Mom's couch for four months?
Well, You saved me.

You see, In that year, Bobby broke my heart... I lost a few best friends, made some losing decisions, and leaving Hawai'i left me pretty bruised up, and when I came home, feeling like a failure, with no friend in the world... You gave me hugs every morning, told me I was awesome enough to hang with you, and even better, invited me to hang out with you and your friends every day you were with them.

I know your a nice guy. Probably the nicest next to Kelan. :p But I have this inkling that you didn't do those kind things just to be nice to me. And when feeling like you were just being nice changed to knowing you liked me enough to hang out with me, I realized you were just about the Coolest little brother, becoming my big brother, that I had ever, and will ever, have. 


We did allot of things together Last year. Saw our first Concert. Threw you an incredibly cool Birthday party. Played night games just about every evening.. and most important of all; we went from being Brother and Sister, to being Best friends. 


 Who would have thought that I, the nerdiest one in the family, could be cool enough to hang with you Jonj! :)

On a serious note- When I first came back from my Hawai'i home- I was pretty torn apart inside. I prayed every night that God would send me a friend that could sooth my soul and make me feel like I belonged again. 
For a while, I'm ashamed to say that I thought God had forgot about me. 
But I realized a little bit ago that he did answer my prayers. 
He gave me a best friend in you. 
You never made me feel unwanted. You invited me every time you went out- never even caring that your 23 year old sister was tagging along with your 16 and 17 year old friends.
 

You weren't nice to me. You were incredibly kind to me. 
And you didn't have to be. Those were your friends, your summer nights, your late evening walks, night games, and your camp outs. 
But you still invited me. You still took me. You treated me like part of the gang- not a tag along older sister. 
You never treated me like the Loner I definitely was at that point. :p
Even when your friend and I started to like each other *ahem* you were the cool brother who gave me advice, stuck up for me, defended my standards, threatened the boy, and made sure I was treated right. 





 Your incredible little Brother. 
You amaze me every day. 
Your headed the right direction and I'm soo excited to see where your life takes you. Or rather, where you take your life. 
I love you with the top of my heart. :)

Back tracking to the first of last year, you wrote me a message in my yellow book to heal my broken heart, that I will never forget. Not just the words- but the love and worry you put behind them. 
"Oh dear Shaina. Be smart enough to think ahead, so that you may go through it before you get to it. I♥U"

This is me raising my glass to you.
♥Shaina


2 comments:

Kamie Mysliwiec said...

I love this... I love this love of big sister and little brother... How you both heal me and help me want this with my siblings! I LOVE YOUR BOTH!!!

Anonymous said...

aww shaina. i feel so loved, haha i dont even know what to say to that. im stunned. and your right i never did any of that just to be nice, and im glad you see that. there is always purpose behind the things i do. ALWAYS. most people would have shunned the fact that they were 23, hanging with 16 year olds. and i had more fun that summer than far as i can remember vividly. and your the cause of that. you wanted to come hang with us, not only did i invite you, but you actually wanted to come. that meant alot to me. and so did this post. i think you just made my day.
your the bomb shaina. and for the record, my friends loved you too. ;]

lets do it again this summer shall we??

when you get this, come to me. i want a hug. :D haha