.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Monday, March 19, 2012

To the Mergy I'm attached to

Sometimes the moments that take our breath away are the simple days and the simple things... 
Like spending too much  money on a tiny trip, falling asleep on a cold clouded day just to wake up to what feels like a first degree burn. Sleeping in your car just to say you did. drinking a dozen monsters so you don't kill your favorite passenger. Liking the same guy and sharing a hate for the other. Wishing life was a show tune and road trips where you loose your voice from singing so horribly off tune and so terribly loud. 

My best friend knows me. 
She sticks by me through thick and thin, even when i find her being my personal bully. 
Meagan is me. Meagan is her. And that is why i love her. 
She see's me because she is like me. Yet she is so different she is able to see that faults I need to change or the attitudes i need to adjust. 

I'm sorry for nit-picking the little things lately. 
I'm sorry I've been intolerably depressed and at times have left you to fend with your own pain. 
I find its harder to deal with you and your suffering when I can't deal with my own. 
Though when I shut up and listen, and you shut up and listen.. i think we can both agree that we realize we are in the same boat.. paddling just as hard to get somewhere.. anywhere.. 
Wouldn't it be easier to stay afloat and make it to a destination if we were to share the rowing?

I know I teeter between to do and where to go. because we ARE on a different plain of life even if neither you or I want to admit it. 
Although, I can't stay afloat without you. We've been through too much and seen too much together to just split so abruptly. 
So I follow you, you follow me.. and we stay intact, if even a little. 

If only you knew how much I love you Meagan. 
You would never doubt it. 

xo
-Elska

5 comments:

Kamie Mysliwiec said...

This is beautiful! You both are so always and forever beautiful!

Kamie Mysliwiec said...

You are beautiful, this is beautiful. You both are very beautiful!

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

I love you so much. =) What would I ever do without you in my life. Of course I forgive you. We both suck with our lives right now, but I'm sorry too. I miss being friends the way we've so often been. It's too easy to let go of things that matter when life gets hard and distracting. Seems so contradicting. But we're picking it up, as of now. Party like a rockstar! =P

PeggyPooPop said...

I Love you both for who you are !

Renee (Miller) Mysliwiec said...

I love you both so much. This is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of you together. I love that my girls are best friends, and I know you have needed each other tremendously. Sister love is such a special bond. Sisters really will be your best friends in the world. In fact FAMILY will be your best friends forever--all family. At different times each person in the family will fill that special need we each have. There are seasons when one or another will be that "special" person who understands us best. Even when there is anger and frustration...Love will always come through and eventually conquer all! Kamie is right...absolutely beautiful, your picture as well as your blog Shaina. xoxo Mama