.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tomorrow could be today

If tomorrow were yesterday 
I'd take every word you said and mold them into clay
mold something to make me laugh
put it on my windowsill and dwell in one more day.
Id lay around and wish for nothing more
than to hear those words becoming me
Id shut the door behind you forever more

Today i'm holding nothing together
but a smile crosses this tattered face
my heart still sits in a wounded place
beckoning a reason to re-tape the cracks
yet today its ok that a piece of me lacks

I'm wondering and wandering
pondering and stealing a second glance
all for a handshake, a kiss, or just one more chance
condemmed in this silence
trying to let go
reminding myself the pain doesnt have to show


Its a wonder that i smile
its a smile worth wondering
but despite all that, these legs are ready to jog every mile
I'll fish another pond and find treasures worth a mention
Today i throw one small coin of tention
making way for tomorrow
because tomorrow will come
the day that for me, will melt every sorrow



who cares if that didnt rhyme well. lol
I dont.



No comments: