Today I start my new 10 day Blog Challenge...
10 questions, one per day, to send off 2011 in some sort of triumphant song and dance.
Here goes:
Day 1: What has been your most memorable moment in 2011?
Shantel.
My sister Shantel and I have missed out on allot of each others lives the past 5 or so years.
This last summer was the best summer of my life for many reasons, but one of which being that my sister and I finally got to reconnect.
This day was my favorite.
Shantel, Meagan and I hiked down into this incredible little cove on the beach where we had our own private beach to suntan without peering eyes. lol.
We had so much fun.
Shantel even gave me a foot massage because i kept cramping. What are sisters for eh? ha.
In all seriousness though-
Telt is one of those beautiful people you will always look for in a crowd to join their group or bring a smile to your sorrowful face. She is light.
She has been through soo much in her life and yet she comes out stronger each time, with her head held high, ready to beat the day that swears to bring her down.
She and I were inseparable growing up.
People thought we were twins and everyone joked that we were joint at the hip.
She was my best friend than.
And after this summer, Im so glad to find that she is still my best friend.
Allot of change can happen when someone opens their heart to another and hides behind secrets and lies no more.
So despite this crappy blog and my lack of any sentimental writing today.. Heres to you Telly, for remembering that friendship never really ends.
I love you so much.
♥Elska
p.s. I forgot to mention that my dear little sister is expecting a baby in the coming 7 months. :)
My sister Shantel and I have missed out on allot of each others lives the past 5 or so years.
This last summer was the best summer of my life for many reasons, but one of which being that my sister and I finally got to reconnect.
This day was my favorite.
Shantel, Meagan and I hiked down into this incredible little cove on the beach where we had our own private beach to suntan without peering eyes. lol.
We had so much fun.
Shantel even gave me a foot massage because i kept cramping. What are sisters for eh? ha.
In all seriousness though-
Telt is one of those beautiful people you will always look for in a crowd to join their group or bring a smile to your sorrowful face. She is light.
She has been through soo much in her life and yet she comes out stronger each time, with her head held high, ready to beat the day that swears to bring her down.
She and I were inseparable growing up.
People thought we were twins and everyone joked that we were joint at the hip.
She was my best friend than.
And after this summer, Im so glad to find that she is still my best friend.
Allot of change can happen when someone opens their heart to another and hides behind secrets and lies no more.
So despite this crappy blog and my lack of any sentimental writing today.. Heres to you Telly, for remembering that friendship never really ends.
I love you so much.
♥Elska
p.s. I forgot to mention that my dear little sister is expecting a baby in the coming 7 months. :)


1 comment:
My heart has been warmed by so many happy reunions and healing moments in 2011 and you and Shantel reconnecting has been one of the greatest blessings to me as a mother this year! My heart has been so FULL and I wish I had the words that you so eloquently seem to express in your writing to describe the gratitude that I feel when I see my two girls laughing and loving together! I'm so glad you have chronicled this part of your life Shaina.
I love you both so much...my sweet little girls who were "my twins" just 15 months apart!!! =) Life is glorious...especially when relationships heal.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment