"He stares at the screen that put itself into hibernation mode nearly 26 minutes ago. His eyes down shift to where his index finger is slightly taping the mouse.
A sigh escapes his lips before the mouse is pushed into a forward motion, bringing the screen back to life; his previous work displayed.
Two hands are brushed briskly through thick charcoal hair where they than make a more permanent residence upon the keyboard. A keyboard in which he now typed vigorously, through the pride of feelings he previously had difficulties describing.
And the letter took flight...
"I've been meaning to write. I've been meaning to say allot of things. I've been meaning to tell you I was wrong and speak an apology that would never suffice in comparison to the agony I've felt in not knowing how to express the depth of how sorry I am.
I've been meaning to say; I love you too.
I've never had any regrets all through my 25 years of life. I now have one; and I would take it all back if I could. I would go back to the moment you finally felt the same way about me that I felt for you and I'd take your hand that very day and never let go.
How could I turn around when you finally stood in front of me? Why did I refuse the dance when you asked so sweetly? What did I think would come of not having you in my life?
So far, without you, I am empty.
I don't need you because I love you. I don't want you because I love you.
I love you, because I need you. I can't see the path without you by my side. You are my second half and I am so incomplete when your gone. You build me a bridge when I believe I have none. You are home. You are comfort. You are love. You are peace. And I feel I am just as such, with you. But only with you.
Therefore.. I love you, Because I cannot live this life, or the next, without you.
Forgive me. I'll come in haste as if tomorrow is yesterday if you just say the word.
You always held this heart,
Bobby Lee Ray"
He reads it over twice, a new tear streaking a clean path down the opposite cheek during each read.
He doesn't hesitate but rather clicks the send button twice as if it were molten lava, checking the sent box as a precaution.
The chair squeaks under pressure as it slides across the floor. Knees hit the linoleum, met with clasped hands and the silence is witness to a prayer he offers; one in which God knows, his hope and desperation will carve a new story into something only God can form into magnificence, with she by his side.
A sigh escapes his lips before the mouse is pushed into a forward motion, bringing the screen back to life; his previous work displayed.
Two hands are brushed briskly through thick charcoal hair where they than make a more permanent residence upon the keyboard. A keyboard in which he now typed vigorously, through the pride of feelings he previously had difficulties describing.
And the letter took flight...
"I've been meaning to write. I've been meaning to say allot of things. I've been meaning to tell you I was wrong and speak an apology that would never suffice in comparison to the agony I've felt in not knowing how to express the depth of how sorry I am.
I've been meaning to say; I love you too.
I've never had any regrets all through my 25 years of life. I now have one; and I would take it all back if I could. I would go back to the moment you finally felt the same way about me that I felt for you and I'd take your hand that very day and never let go.
How could I turn around when you finally stood in front of me? Why did I refuse the dance when you asked so sweetly? What did I think would come of not having you in my life?
So far, without you, I am empty.
I don't need you because I love you. I don't want you because I love you.
I love you, because I need you. I can't see the path without you by my side. You are my second half and I am so incomplete when your gone. You build me a bridge when I believe I have none. You are home. You are comfort. You are love. You are peace. And I feel I am just as such, with you. But only with you.
Therefore.. I love you, Because I cannot live this life, or the next, without you.
Forgive me. I'll come in haste as if tomorrow is yesterday if you just say the word.
You always held this heart,
Bobby Lee Ray"
He reads it over twice, a new tear streaking a clean path down the opposite cheek during each read.
He doesn't hesitate but rather clicks the send button twice as if it were molten lava, checking the sent box as a precaution.
The chair squeaks under pressure as it slides across the floor. Knees hit the linoleum, met with clasped hands and the silence is witness to a prayer he offers; one in which God knows, his hope and desperation will carve a new story into something only God can form into magnificence, with she by his side.
----
I am obviously not a man, and thus i have no idea what kind of a letter a man would write if it were a letter written for love; let alone what words he would and wouldn't use.
But my wandering imagination likes to think that a scenario like this could happen to me.
I suppose I'm a tad hopeless and too utterly romantic to even think up a silly notion.
But jimmeny crickets... what a wonder that would be.. right?
Id fly forever and never come down.
Forgive the ramblings of a heart in love and tattered.
-Elska
No comments:
Post a Comment