On this day.....
...I became the Enemy.
"Excuse me. I'm sorry to intrude. I know you have every right to go swimming in the nude, and its your prerogative whether or not you wear clothes and I completely respect the fact that your brave enough to lay out here without them, but I'm over their with my family, Ive got little sisters and brothers that shouldn't be exposed to your body and I know for a fact my horny teenage brothers are checking you out through the rocks. I wondered if you wouldn't mind...."
"I'll put some clothes on. Girl you are awesome to come over here and say something. More power to you! Thank you. I'll put them back on."
I marched right over that rock, trudged through the sand and made my way straight to the group of 5 or 6 men and women to make a point to my dad, my brothers, myself, and the naked lady.
If my dad wasn't going to teach my brothers the sacred nature of a woman's body or a half decent respect to look in a different direction; Than I was going to fight to protect their innocence. Despite the malicious stares Id get later and the 'your so judgmental' comments.
I didn't even have to ask the kind naked woman laying amongst her group of clothed friends to get dressed. I was only going to ask her to swim where the peeping toms couldn't get a good look. I guess giving respect truly reeps respect.
It wasn't the woman or the 'naked' that I was bothered by. It was the thoughts in the heads of my brothers and my dad. It was their giddy excitement, their whispered secrets, their lack of shame and sense of respect.
It was the lessons my dad wasnt teaching and the character my brothers were inheriting.
It was Sean overhearing, it was colby becoming interested. It was Shayden, Skylar, Amber and Kylee confused about 'worldy standards' versus their own. And it was Meagan, seeing who her brothers shouldn't be becoming as they watched live porn.
I wont stand by and watch Satan through the carnal natures of man, even within my own family; destroy these beautiful spirits.
Because I love you.
That's why I protect you.
And one day.. maybe very far away from today.. You'll all see that I've been fighting for you all along.
I hope on that day you can forgive me for doing what I know to be right.
Because for once- I was right.
♥Elska
1 comment:
You go, girl. No matter how many might disapprove, theirs always someone somewhere who will approve, leveling out the tables of opinions and misconceptions of others. That one approval is all you ever need.
I love you. Thanks for showing real courage that day.
Post a Comment