.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Friday, September 23, 2011

An Intervention because we Love.

It's 3: 44 a.m. as I write this.
And even as I do.... I question what I'll say....


At 12:30 A.M. my not so little brother Jamon woke me up saying my siblings had called an 'intervention' into the life of our father and they wanted me there. 

I'll admit. I said no at first. 
I have my reasons... but mostly it was because I've come to see my dad in a way most of them haven't the last 6 months, and I feared what he may do, faced with the onslaught of our 'attack' and the battle of thought having to notice his own inner demons. 
I was worried he would feel corned and run, especially after we woke him up and asked him to come to the garage for a talk.

Shantel, Trevor, Brandon, Jamon and I talked about how to approach the topics that weighed on us all so heavily. How to express to him our worries without making him feel like we were 'slaying the dragon'. 
Our dad is the broken product of a lifelong search for a happiness never found or held onto.
He doesn't know how to feel 'life'.
He fears reality. 
He is consumed with hurt and resentment. 
Our dad lives a life lacking passion to 'ride the wave' he creates on his own ( as Brandon put so eloquently ). so rather he rides others waves, never knowing the zeal that could and would come from his own. 
 But our Dad is my favorite. 
Our Dad is wondrous. Incredibly wondrous. 
He just doesn't know this quite yet. 

Dad. I want you to be enthusiastically devoted to a life worth living.
If only you knew how delicious it is to soak up the morning sun with a smile on your face. 
I wish for you to feel the definition of sublime.
Emotions and disappointments are all a beautifully written part of this 'tough' life. As Shantel says- "We live we learn and than we die."
But it's what we fill the in bet-weens with that make our outcome sweet or sour. 
Gee Dad.. if you'd climb to the top of the mountain and gaze down at all the wonders you could never see before, from below .... Happiness would be easy. it would dwell within you without that search that has wounded you for so long. 

I want your every day to be fantastic
I want your eyes to twinkle again. 
I wish for you to taste of the bitter sweet pleasures life has to offer. 
Breathing should be your privilege.. a blessing... rather than a task. 


Pa. As I displayed my worry and love for you- You even still turned around and hurt me tonight in your words. I'm trying to remember that your eyes and your mouth are deceiving to what your heart truly feels and says. 
It's hard but I will always keep trying- Because I always.. always love you. 
Can you do me a favor?
Look at the fact that despite that hurt... I as well as every one of those people that surrounded you in love and worry so early this morning.. only crave for your happiness. 
We will chase away anything that interferes.
I hope you know how much you are loved. 
I hope you know now just how much we care.

I'll never forget how tremendous your laugh is when it is sincere. 
Let's find that again. 
All Together.

Would it be ultimatly cheesy to say "One for all and all for one" ? 


♥ Your Wretched Child, Shaina


No comments: