.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To the Timothy who named me Cellie......

Letter Challenge Day# 10: Someone you don't talk to as much as you'd like to......


First off. Is it ok that I suck at day to day blogs? And the fact that the word "suck" kind of appalls me, but I used it anyway?
 Well. Both are facts. And I probably can't change either. Or.. just wish not to use the backspace button for the second. 
Either way- The whole challenge day thing, will just have to happen on day's I feel the challenge to write. :p

For today:


Dear Timothy White,
This is my favorite picture of you.



And this was my favorite day with you.  



I can remember the last time we had a conversation like we used to... but I can't remember how long it's been since that conversation took place.
I can remember the last e-mail I sent you, and the last one you sent a reply to.
But I can't remember when either were sent.. or when either were read. And I know in those letters we both used fruitless small talk just to have something...anything.. to say.

When I think of you; and I think of you on a daily basis; I still call you my greatest friend.
I remember that you are and probably, most likely, reassuringly, will always be, The smartest, Kindest, Funniest, Most enjoyable, Person I know.

Since I met you at 12 years old, we have drifted back and forth from crushes, silence, friendship, arguments, fights, unknown awkward relationship standing, hurt, maybe even some betrayal and forgetfulness.
But all in all- I've never drifted from one thing. Missing you.

You are who I want to talk to first when I have something exciting to share.
You are who I want to call when I've seen a philosophical movie and the friend I took has no idea what that word even means, let alone the events in the movie that would depict such a conversation.
Trampolines mean Tim's house, Roof jumping, late nights and star gazing chats.

You've always, even through silence, been someone who makes me do my best at becoming a better person.
It may sound funny- but I'm always hoping the next time I see you, you'll be proud in the someone I'm becoming. I'm always seeking for your approval. Silly really.. But you are my best friend. And you're approval means more than the heavens to me.

Tim. I know I dont call. I know I dont write. I know I dont visit.
I take all the blame. And I offer a sincere Sorry.
I miss you Tim.
I'm sorry we don't talk like we used to. I miss that too.

Despite the reason for this blog letter, being that we don't talk often enough- I extend a Hello to you; a high five; a hug; and raise my glass to the person you've always been in my heart.


♥ Always and Always,
Cellie

2 comments:

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

I agree with the philosophical conversations. No one seems to understand like Tim. (= I miss our friend.

Timotheus said...

Oh wow. A post dedicated just to me. I feel special. Actually, this made me smile.

But, I feel so different then the person in those pictures. :/

And yes, despite whatever else has happened, that was one of the best days ever.

"Despite the reason for this blog letter, being that we don't talk often enough-"

I laughed when I read this. How...ironic? In case I haven't said it or haven't said it enough, I am always around when you need someone to talk to.