.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Friday, March 18, 2011

To the one who was sent home early......

Letter Challenge Day#11: A deceased person you wish to talk to

Nearly 11 years ago, my Best Friend past away. 
At 13 years old, everything looked beautiful to her and I. And to me- at 13- she was everything I always tried to be. She was one of those perfect angel persons, who come around once in a life time to show you how to live. 
She did just that for me.

June will mark 11 years since her death. 

Dear Megan Goodson, 
I don't have allot to say. Honestly, I'm not even sure how to begin....
I knew you for as long as I can remember, friends for as long as I can remember. 
I remember the day you died. I was coming home from Kirsten Merrills, and when I walked in the door my dad said "Shaina, Megan has died." No one was serious enough. No one was crying. My siblings could still joke around. My parents went on living. It couldn't have been true. So I laughed, as if my dad had made a sick joke. 
I remember the viewing, and the words your mother hugged into my ear "I know that she considered you her best friend." I remember the funereal. That song. The pitiful looks I got when my blubbering was the only sound. And Brandon's elbow in my side, trying to shush me.
We were 13.  To me, You didn't deserve to die. And I didn't deserve to lose my best friend.
But I was jealous. I knew you deserved to go home, because you were to perfect for this world. I wished and prayed with all my might that God would let me too.

For years after your death I always asked myself.. "What would Megan do?" I modeled my life after your example. I always knew you were the 'better' of us two. And when I prayed, I asked God to tell you hello for me. Sometimes, I still do that. 
I've never been to your gravestone- because I know your not there. But one day, I'd like to place a friendship bracelet on its ledge, like old times, in respectful remembrance of the friends we were and will be one day again. 
So, to quote Taylor Swift... I was Enchanted to meet you. 
Thank you for being a pillar of light in my life for the first 13 years. 

Heres to you Megan. You got to leave the pain behind and work your magic on the other side. I know now, that was a blessing for you and me. 
 I miss you.


♥Shaina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea how much she meant to you. i was really too little to care much about it all. when i hear about it now i wish i wasnt.

this was beautiful. her family would probably love to read this. you could have given this as a speech at her burial.

♥Jamon. Jamon♥u.

Elska♥ said...

Thanks Jamon. :)
I wish i knew where her family was these days.

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

Still in L.A. Remember I said we found them on facebook?