.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finding My Own Acceptance......

I do not hide behind a facade, but no more than a peacock hides its feathers do i show mine.

I've had allot of time to delve into what we will call, my inner reflections lately. In doing so i have realized that their is a vulnerability in me i wish for others to see yet i can't seem to pull it from hiding. I'm more reserved than i realized. My greatest friends are only allowed to know bits and pieces of who i am.
Ive come to the conclusion that my timidity may come from my want of acceptance. The fear that leaving nothing unseen may change opinions and i secretly yearn to be reassured by others that i am 'a okay'.
Wow- the sound of this on paper suprises me.

The little things are the ones that make a friendship, that i truly believe...
i make my own jewelry, my favorite animal is a penguin, dancing is my passion... small, but they define me. so why is it that i can't allow someone close to me.

Simple answer... my worst heartache is losing someone. And lost people, i have. lost friendships, i have. Lost family, i have.

I suppose i fear chasing people away... i fear being ugly in the eyes of people i love..... i want my life to be lovely in the eyes of someone other than my wacky self. I want assurance, that there is beauty. I want the beauty i see to be something they see... yet i fear that in another's opinion.. and even in my own. That beauty is no longer something i can find easily as before. I fear my own life.

So- after so much contemplative opposition within my own mind i came to the simple conclusion that I cannot seek refuge in someone else, i cannot beg for acceptance within someone else, i cannot yearn for another's approval, yet it is the approval of myself , 'to myself' that i must work on, that i must reach.

So my friends, in becoming acceptable in my own eyes, I will post more writings on things that are dear and near to me personally. The secret heart of this mystery girl, shall slowly be revealed.
That'll be interesting. :/

No comments: