.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Endings to beginings

Tonight the air is cool in Dorthea bay. 
I can hear the ocean as if it is awaiting me on my front porch. 
I am being beckoned to come and play.. instead i take solace in my little home and enjoy alone,  the peace it gives me.

I recently made some decisions that have altered my relationships and the future course of my life. 
And i couldn't be more happy about each and every one. 

W.H. Auden said "Dance while you can." and I believe in dancing, it's not about the perfection of the steps you take, but the passion you put in to them... 
Once upon a time, someone said to me " If your going to do something, do it on purpose."

I've tried to live by that statement ever since. But sometimes i forget. 
I recently remembered and made all the necessary alterations to my life.. including ending a relationship & choosing to leave the island, just to make sure that I was really choosing a purpose worth pursuing .. and one i could pursue with all the passion and desire for 'living' that i have within me. 

It's never easy hurting.. especially when that hurt is shared with someone else. 
it's never easy to say goodbye when not everything was so terrible. 
And it's definitely never easy leaving behind the people and the places that you've grown to love and even become a part of. 

I need to build me, somewhere different. 
It's time to leave. 
Somethings waiting for me. 

-Elska
 




No comments: