.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas to me

Today is December 25th, 2012
Merry Christmas. To no one in particular.
Today I am alone. In the Caribbean. Asking myself how to react to that fact.
I chose not to over think it, putting myself into depression. I chose to only allow a couple tears of homesickness before I sucked them up and went for a walk along the beach with my earphone blaring a beautiful playlist.
Turns out Dorthea Bay, when you scale the left banks, eventually connects to Neltingberg Beach. Which is my favorite beach here on St Thomas; and which also holds tremendous amounts of memories for me with my time here.
I walked the beach, shoes in hand, soaking in the surrounding view. There’s where we had the tug o’ war contest, and there is where we played beer pong and flip cup. Here is where you kissed me, in front of friends, with nothing to hide and no cares in the world.  This is where we swam and where you held me in the water.
I can see the faces of that day and the scent of beer, camp fire, spagetti and potatoe salad still linger in the air.
I take pictures to remember, though I know my mind wont let me forget.
Christmas this year marks a mile stone for me. The last chapter in an already unforgettable tale. This is the end to something I had, to a world I’d created… a gateway of sorts, to the beginning of something entirely new.
Without him. Without you. Without that. Without all I can just throw out. I welcome January with open arms.
-Elska


No comments: