.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spasmatic limbs......

I threw away the donuts! I am empowered!
..But now i've got a craving for chocolate and this magazine that states I can have dark chocolate guilt free is not doing me any favors. 
----

So for those of you who know me... you know that I take far too many diet pills.. am always on the next new diet fad.. I work out far too often and use up all my time between work and the gym.. you could say Im obsessed...
well... it finally did me in. 

I went with Meagan to this "body challenge" personal training thing she's been doing every morning, which I planned on joining ( but my new job failed that idea ).. 
we got there a tad late... so we just jumped in where they were in the workout. 
Now, Meagan thinks im being a pansy and has incessantly teased me, but i'll have you know, that for someone who has been doing this work out for the last month- their muscles and resilience has been conditioned to do so... on my part- I have been doing way too much cardio and absolutely NO weight training.. so, in a class of 11 students who's bodies know just how much they can take.. you know that i just jumped in like i knew it all and did what had to be done. 
because i did. 
but im paying for it now..
The last three days has been misery. agony. Torture. 
No joke. 
and No.. im no pansy and am not being a pansy. 

I am literally borderline immobile.  The step at work is 3 inches high and I swear if I have to cross it one more time I'm going to end my life right here and now. 

I couldnt sleep the last two nights because I can't shift my own weight.. and by can't.. i mean impossible to do so.. they will not move.. cannot move.. i have to lift my legs to rotate at all.. but lifting them a fraction of an inch creates muscle spasms, charly horse cramps through every single one of my toes, my calf, my thighs, and soo much pain that It's nearly unbearable. 

I won't even mention walking, or the burning, bruised and numbing sensations going through my buttocks. 
Call me a woos. But I honestly cannot get my legs to move. 

Obviously im sure most of you know what i did wrong.. Im reading this magazine tonight that missy left at work and It basically shouts it to my face:
"Exercise Pain Free"
'Avoid the three mistakes beginners often make'

now.. im no beginner.. but like i said... I haven't done anything with weights in months.. allot of months. 

"1: you don't warm up, or cool down."
"2: you attack your first session like you're a pro: - Aim for a light 10 to 15 minutes; anymore and you risk stressing your muscles with unfamiliar movements- which can lead to strains and soreness."
"3: you stick to the same activity."

Now, that last one I would say was the opposite for me.. I've been doing the same routines over and over, so jumping into something my muscles were TOTALLY unconditioned or prepared for.. was a bit too harsh for my cardio conditioned body. 



Who knows why I think i have to write all this down. 
Really im just sitting here, praying to the heavens that no one comes in this entire shift so i can sit and feel no more pain. But my bum is going numb and after shifting a bit my calf spasm almost had me on the floor... so, I cant wish for much. :p

Anywhooo... Gym, I miss you. Weights, lunges and squats kicked my friggen butt and took me from you. 

On a different note... I wish I'd brought something other than slim fast... 
Mmmm.. I wish more places in Cedar delivered. 

Off to figure out how to stretch my in-stretchable limbs.


-Elska




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The step at work is 3 inches high and I swear if I have to cross it one more time I'm going to end my life right here and now."

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. haha Your a hoot.