"Everything in life that we really accept undergoes a change."
-Katherine Mansfield
I've been analyzing this statement. Does it refer to acceptance being something of change ..?.. Or Everything else that we're in the process of accepting changing so rapidly that by the time it is accepted we must be ready to accept a second time around due to the development, decline etc. Hence, Change.
Or rather, is it that acceptance causes the change..or allows the chance to change..?
I enjoy this outlook.
I accept change, I love change.. in fact, i yearn, desire and embrace change.
Although, everything in my life that i have accepted then undergoes a change, and in seeing the acceptance undergoing such a change the task becomes one of begging for my further acceptance, or rather, I beg.
Change, What an interesting word. I fear it.. even when I embrace it. I suppose I find unexpected change, daunting. With change comes so many aspects, so many obstacles, so many set backs... There is beauty in change, although- as of lately... I fear it, I wallow through it, I dismiss it's appearance and disregard it's formidable mounting discomfort. In this case- Causing impressive difficulty and repetitive dread.
to switch: lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; .. The definition defining the perfect pain in the current standing of my miserable feelings and thoughts.
cause to change; make different; cause a transformation;
undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature;
become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; Awe, There it is... The hope. "become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's former characteristics or essence. "
I wish I could hold onto the hope for as long as it took... there's no reason I can't, there's no reason I shouldn't. But I release it, and make a wish that hope won't be needed.
I'm speaking as if no one knows, because it's easier to deal with that way. I speak sometimes as if I don't know... because it makes it easier.
One day he'll gain that courage to look me in the eyes and apologize... look me in the eyes and assure me that I have nothing to apologize for.
One day you'll understand what I didn't hold back in my angry words.
One day my soul will heal and I can carry on.
One day.... One day you'll miss us and maybe.. possibly.. will you come back?
But that's hope. And right now... I don't wish to believe in it.
Call me bitter.. call me cynical.. call me rash..
I'll call it heartache in losing the man who once stood as my Hero. Judge that if you must.
No comments:
Post a Comment