I'm not going to apologize or try to make up for the mess of what my last post was.
Like my new favorite songs says " Were not broken, just bent."
I'm not damaged goods. I'm not even broken. But I've been hurt... bent so badly that it's going to take a while, and some patient repair work in order to get me straightened out again.
I guess time really does play a pretty giant part in this...
I was on the train a few days ago, earphones turned up full volume with "Just give me a reason" playing on repeat.
I watched people pass by, coming and going from their daily routines.
I watched people's faces and through the lyrics of the song I started to see them in new ways.
People with broken hearts who probably cried themselves to sleep last night, having to compose themselves well enough to pick up that briefcase and go into work on a Thursday afternoon.
People so in love that smiling comes as natural as blinking.
The lonely, the misplaces, the friendless.
It was mostly depressing.. but seeing others in the way I was feeling helped me not feel so alone.
I realized that we are all searching for Love. To be loved. To feel love.
We all want to be held by someone, to hold someone.
We all desire a relationship molded from friendship.
We all seek True Love, even if we don't believe or can't explain it.
Were all searching.. for something.. someone.
I may be lonely... sad.. confused and aiming towards who knows what..
but i suppose in a selfish way.. im held together by the knowledge that my neighbor may be feeling the same way in this exact moment.. and that makes me almost... almost believe that..
"we can learn to love again. "
No comments:
Post a Comment