.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Silence on the mountain

From my porch I watch Chipmunks play chase thru the parking lot.
Today the sky is clouded over in a beautiful hush of blue and gray, and the cool breeze that finds its way to my face brings me nothing but smiles. 

My mountain life is nothing i imagined. It's ten fold better. I find complete solitude in this silent oasis.
Unlike my friends and co-workers, I never want to leave this place. I don't crave a new surrounding on my off days or yearn for a larger city in which entertainment can be found. 
This moment in time, I crave nothing but deep breaths of mountain air and the occasional passerby with whom I can chat. 
I love the solitude and confinement of this mountain top. I am perfectly ok with having absolutely nothing to do.   I've needed this.

It's peculiar to me how so many cannot find a comfort or an inkling of contentment in these surroundings. 
I can sit on this porch for hours with music in my ears and words at the tips of my fingers and feel every kind of comfort in doing so. 

Bryce Canyon... I may not adore two facts about you.. Utah and desert. But I thank you for the time of 'nothing' you've allowed me. 


No comments: