.Live up to the potential God see's in me.Reach higher everyday.Wake up smiling.Run a marathon.Own a bookstore.Go back to school. Be a wife.Be a mother.Keep chasing dreams.Find love. Be loved in return.Hold onto friendships.Be Bold and daring.Chase the improbable and the impossible.Be an enduring example.

Nainers Tunes

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A painted sky......

If you knew I wrote a poem for you, I wonder if you'd search for lies.
If you had an inkling of the way you bring the brightest smile to my eyes,
I wonder if you'd try your best to make every twinkle fade; take away the colors of every shade.
A day like today I can ponder.
But I'll not allow more than a subtle hint of a memories whisper. 
Shift and miss the way you make all my senses wonder. 

I can't delete what was left behind. 
A band embraced with leather
once held truths, now hold the virtue of a haunted sorrow
yearning for tomorrow, seeking solace from yesterday
I'm soaring through the paths I should be dodging
grasping every obstacle as they mold into a mirage
Missing what they try to teach me
only holding onto what the pain has beseeched me 

If I cry I swear the world hears me
but im silenced by the colors of a greyer sky
Left to forge through the muck with no one on my side
Not as I seem, though forever as I should be 
Tell me if i asked you could tomorrow be easy?

My mind, it traces too many of you
hiding my purpose by a shade of blue
Circle after circle sucking me in
too dry to remember even the simplest clue
tainted truths or a cultured hue

I'm dowsed in red and shunned by silver
tasked to continue a cycle of torture
only weapons are created by this sole master
trying to hide but i can't surrender
Putting myself into the blender of my own demise
ashamed to admit im a soulless creature
cowering shadows in a world hushed from all the bliss-less mush
I try so hard to push yet every moment proves too much

Winning past surrender
I see the path and its no longer hindered
no longer shadowed by my own faithless blunders
Foreseeable futures

If I continue to reach I hope you'll climb
Loving you for every hopeless rhyme
Shifting aside faults for a chance
No more missing that second glance. 








No comments: